Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Shhh...I know the monster.

The dream started out innocently enough, one of my travel dreams...I was going somewhere with a bunch of girls.  There was to be a shindig.  Everyone was in sparkles and heels.  My dress wasn't sparkly, and I had packed so light, I didn't have shoes - but I was sure I was fine.  We all got to the hotel and grabbed a seat in the lobby...then the dream changed. 

This part is one of my scariest dreams yet, and I'm not sure how to write it.  I don't want to portray it in a vague way, just to put it on this blog.  So, no one gets to read about it.  I'm not likely to forget it.

Here's the thing:
I've dreamed about a mushroom cloud of terrible destruction, with the Grimm Reaper in maroon robes pointing at me, telling me that I would die by the light of the Red August moon...to this day, I always check the full moons in August and make sure it isn't red.  I've dreamed of a maze filled with  demons, one of which turns to me, smirks, waves and swishes his long skinny tail at me, and all I said to him was, "Cool, Dude - You're BLUE!"  I've been surrounded by spectacular car crashes, cars flipping in flames all around and over me, bullets flying by so close I could feel them pass my cheek, and the air of their passing ruffling my hair - all this and I remember thinking, "Huh - How about that." I've dreamed of miles high tidal waves rushing across a plain of yellow dirt, ready to crush and drown me - but I could fly, and when I touched it the tidal wave froze.  I've practiced lucid dreaming and defeated monsters by making them explode into particles of light with my mind, just by thinking "EXPLODE!". 

The scariest dreams - the ones that horrify, so even cute kitten pictures on the internet can't provide enough brain bleach to wash away the bad - have real people as the monsters.  Real people you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment